- MP for Hauraki-Waikato
- Spokesperson for Māori Development
Since becoming an MP, Nanaia has been committed to youth development, advancing Māori success through education and training opportunities, Iwi development, care for kaumatua, support for Māori women and sustainable ways to care for the environment and create jobs.
As a serving Member of Parliament Nanaia held a range of spokesperson roles, served on a number of Select Committees and in the last term of the Fifth Labour Government had the privilege of being a Minister.
She is currently the spokesperson for Māori Affairs and Treaty Settlements, and is the Senior Māori Vice-President of the Labour Party.
Nanaia’s other roles include:
- Trustee of Te Whakaruruhau Māori Women's Refuge
- Trustee of the Waikato College for Research and Development
- Co-Chair of the Waikato-Tainui Governance and Representation Review
- Parent on the Te Kaahu Kohanga Reo Committee
- Patron of the Rahui Pokeka Waka Ama club.
Nanaia Continues to be an active member of her community, her Iwi and her whānau
Hauraki-Waikato electorate office
Address: 430 Ulster St, PO Box 611, Hamilton
Phone: 07 839 6811
Address: Freepost PO Box 18 888, Parliament Buildings, Wellington 6160
Phone: 04 817 9233