- MP for Rongotai including the Chatham Islands
- Deputy Leader of the Labour Party
- Spokesperson for Health
Annette has proudly represented the eastern and southern suburbs of Wellington for 21 years. Annette is also the MP for the Chatham Islands, which gives her both an urban and rural view of people's concerns. Getting involved in the local community and advocating for the values and policies of Labour is Annette's passion. Her number one hobby is her grandkids, with travel and movies when there is time to spare.
- Annette set up the Community Employment Development Group when she was the Minister of Employment.
- She brought democracy back to the public health system through the establishment of District Health Boards and the passage of the NZ Public Health and Disability Act.
- As Minister of Health, Annette approved the rebuild of hospitals under the fifth Labour government from Kaitaia to Invercargill.
- On behalf of the Labour Government, she signed and ratified the UN Framework Convention on Tobacco Control, which now guides tobacco policy in NZ.
- Annette also secured funding for Chatham Islands infrastructure (only for the National government to cancel it!)
Rongotai electorate office in Newtown
Phone: 04 389 0989
Physical: 172 Riddiford St Newtown, Wellington 6021
Phone: 04 817 9103